- Albums on the Hill <AlbumsOnTheHill.com> -
- Auris Music <AurisMusic.com> - Mark Mamolen, audio engineer, producer, sound designer and guitarist, offers services including: "digital editing, sound design, mastering, audio restoration, studio consulting, equipment maintenance and repair, multimedia (video and audio editing and compression for websites, CDs and DVDs), media dubs (tape, CD, DAT, MiniDV, DV, DVD, VHS, Beta, Digi-Beta), FTP transfers)
- link req. Mark Mamolen email 20051022sa
- Beatport <Beatport.com> - The phenomenally successful Beatport music download service was conceived just two weeks before Apple launched its iTunes server. The company was formed by Jonas Tempel and partners in 2003. Beatport specializes in hi-rez audio recordings and serves to a global community with club DJs accounting for much of their customer base. Tempel is also known for his graphics design firm Factory Design Labs.
- Black & Read <BlackAndRead.net> - CDs, LP records & books
Caribou Ranch - (Please refer to the CAN WikiLinks page to read about Caribou Ranch)
Caribou Ranch was a rather historic recording studio complex of James Guercio located in the Indian Peaks Wilderness area near the ghost town of Caribou which is near Nederland, about 19 miles west of Boulder in the Rocky Mountains. A partial listing of artists who have recorded at Caribou Ranch includes America; The Beach Boys; Jeff beck; Michael Brewer; David Cassidy; Chicago; Phil Collins; Chick Corea; Rick Derringer; Al Di Meola; Nitty Gritty Dirt Band; Earth, Wind & Fire; Sheena Easton; Dan Fogelberg; Jerry Goodman?Jan Hammer; Amy grant; Waylon Jennings; Billy Joel; Elton John; Kris Kristofferson; L.A. Express; Lake; Robert Lamm; John Lennon; Jerry Lee Lewis; Jac Murphy; Michael Murphey; Navarro; Stevie Nicks/Tom Petty; Tony Orlando; Ozark Mountain Daredevils; Eddie Rabbitt; Bruce Roberts; Sailor; David Sancious; Billy Joe Shaver; Shooting Star; Sons of Champlin; Souther, Hillman & Furay; Rod Stewart; Stephen Stills; Sumner; Supertramp; Ali Thomson; U2; James Vincent; Joe Walsh; War; Tony Williams; Carl Wilson; Frank Zappa.
office: The Caribou Companies, James William Guercio, Chairman, 1300 Walnut St., Suite 200, Boulder, CO 80302
- ref: packet rec'd from Caribou Companies 2k Oct. 20 Fri. and misc. sources.
- Cheapo Discs <CheapoDiscsDenver.com> - Used CDs and DVDs. Three retail outlets in Denver metro area.
- Colorado Sound Recording Studios <ColoradoSound.com> -
Recording, demos, album production, loops, CDs produced.
- Commotion Music Promotion <CommotionMusicPromo.com> -
Jodi Long and "longtime Denver music scene fanatic" Dave Barber operate the music promotions company Commotion Music Promotion. They specialize in building websites, maintainance, hosting, and domain names as well as promotion tools such as press kits, bio's, press releases, internet exposure, and more.
- info paraphrased from Jodi Long e-mail 99Je03Th
- Independent Records <BeIndependent.com> -
Independent Records is reportedly based in Colorado Springs and was established in 1978. They also have a store in Pueblo. They opened their Capirol Hill store in a newly refurbished building adjacent to the Ogden Theater, their landlord, circa Ausust, 2000.
- Jerry's Record Exchange - Longstanding record store sells, used, specialty and local records. Operated by discophile diehards John Loquidis and Steve Bruner. (They apparently lost their web domain and may get another one in the future.)
312 E. Colfax Ave., Denver 80203
- Joe's Grille <JoesGrille.com> -
Founded in 1992 by Wendy Rubin, Joe's Production and Grille, Inc., or Joe's Grille as it's better known, is an independendant CD factory located in a shoppette in north Boulder. They do CD printing, graphic design and independent distribution. Their web site has a search engine featuring world and local artists. It indicates they also have an office in Austin, Texas.
- Perspective Audio Video Services <AnthonyWalkerMusic.com> - professional studio with large rooms, audio and video editing, web design and more. Interestingly, Anthony has studied Indian music, plays sitar, guitar and other instruments.
Fort Collins, CO
- ref. email: 2006Fe04Sa, Anthony Walker
Introduction - Record & Sound Trade
With rare exceptions, this section now requires that you have an online web domain to get listed here. There is often a crossover problem when trying to categorize entities who do video versus audio or both and other such things like DJ services versus talent promotion. We no longer list phone numbers or exact addresses since these change and can usually be found if you have a web site. We accept qualified link suggestions for entities in Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming.
© Colorado Arts Net